If your like me and use an iPhone to do a lot of you’re emailing then it is imperative to have a gmail account connected to it. Below are the quick and easy steps to configure a Gmail account on your iPhone or iPad using the latest version of Apple IOS8.
1. Click on the settings app from your home screen
2. Then click on Mail, Contacts, Calendars
3. Now click the Add Account button
4. Next select the Google option
5. Sign in using your Gmail account username and password
6. Google will now ask you if you want to allow IOS to access your account, make sure to click accept.
7. The next screen will ask you what information you would like to use with your Gmail account, I prefer only using Mail but you can include all of these options by toggling the slider.
8. Once that has been updated you will get bounced out to the Mail, Contacts, Calendar menu where you will want to click on the newly created account for one last setting change.
9. Again select the account you are adding to the iPhone for the first time.
10. Finally here is where you want to enter in your name so when you send and reply to emails from your iPhone they are presented using your name. Make sure to save after entering your name.
Good luck and let me know if you have any questions or feedback.