Share your iPhone or iPad screen on your Mac computer display for demos
There are many times when I would like to present my iPhone on a projector or large computer screen to show others an app or something on my phone. This has been a challenge in the past using tools like airplay or some third-party apps. Well not anymore, with OS X Yosemite there is now a native tool to display your iPhone or iPad right on your computer screen. QuickTime player now has an easy to use option to make your phone the video source. See below for how to set up the screen sharing option.
1. Plug your iPhone or iPad into your Mac using the usb lightning cable.
2. Open iTunes and click Trust on your iPhone/iPad pop-up to allow your computer access to the device.
3. Open QuickTime Player from Applications menu.
4. From the QuickTime file menu select New Movie Recording.
5. By default the movie screen will open using the computers FaceTime camera. Click the down arrow next to the record button then select your iPhone/iPad.
6. Now your phone will appear in the QuickTime movie window which will allow you to display to others or start a recording.